Thursday, July 11, 2013

[REVIEW] IRIS 2: REVENGE IS NO GOOD


Hi,
Guys, whoever you are,

It has been for awhile I am writing here. I want to share my thought about the recent Korean drama I have watched. Well, it has been finished months ago, but I'm just happen to watch. The reason is one of the NSS agents is Yoon Dujun and to watch his face on screen I do need courage. After all, I can face it, and I have finished watching it.

Well, first thing comes to my mind when I watch this drama, the casts are no joke. Hahah. Even the mere agents all are handsome. But, what impresses me more is the flow of this drama. The feeling is not like watching a random action drama. It has both the action and romance. I can see the triangle love between Jung Yoo Gun (Team Leader Jung) and his lover, Ji Soo Yun (later on she is called as Team Leader Ji) and their best colleague, Seo Hyun Woo (sometimes Choi Min deputy chief calls him Team Leader Seo, he is one of the best NSS agents). Besides, there is also love line between Yoo Joong Won, the North Korean team leader and Kim Yun Hwa, IRIS' member. The beautiful love also happens between Baek San and Jung Yoo Gun's mother. 

Okay, I'm not going to talk about these love lines. But, I'm going to share my thought on how the writer-nim of this drama trying to deliver how beautiful the definition of love between parents and their children. There are many scenes (if you have watched it) that reveal how the main actors showing their love toward their mothers. In this case, Jung Yoo Gun, Yoo Joong Won, and Kim Yun Hwa. Jung Yoo Gun takes revenge over Yoo Joong Won because he has killed his mother. While, Yoo Joong Won believes that his mother's death is none other than a patriotic action (toward North Korean army). Meanwhile, for Kim Yun Hwa, she strives everything to take revenge to her country (North Korean) because of the death of her mother. 

They are all influenced by their parents. They move in action because of their mothers. They end everything also because of their mothers. Mother, as you can see, is just a woman who gives birth to us. But, for some levels, they are the highest one (for human/creature) in this earth. No one can ever see their mothers suffering or dying. They want the best for their mothers. But, you know, every mothers never want their children to be a bad one, never want their children to do such thing like taking revenge. It has been proofed by the utterance of Jung Yoo Gun's mother 'Yoo Gun-ahh, please forgive your father..., this is my last will' or Yoo Joong Won's mother's letter 'Joong Won-ahh, I want to see you get married...'. Every mothers' requests are just simple. But, the next generation is somehow having another idea to act. And just like what Baek San said 'it needs to end (the taking revenge parade)' thus he decided to end it by coming to death together with Mr. Black with a suicide bombing.

The older tries to stop the 'more damage' because they are the first to begin all the things. So, like what Yun Hwa said 'Let's live... remember every children's mother and father in this country, just like your mother and my mother... stop it now (the unification war)...' represents how the youths should have erased all the idea of taking revenge over other because it will lead to nowhere.

REVENGE all by meant IS NO GOOD. 

Yoo Joong Won before he closed his eyes: 'Don't cry, Yun Hwa, because I will meet my mother soon (heaven)...'
Jung Yoo Gun before he closed his eyes: 'Father and Mother, wait me, I'm going to go there (heaven)...'

The reason is,
Everyone, may you want it or not, will come to the death.
Someday.

3 comments:

  1. didn't realise it till read your post.. and yes, it's all bout mother..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello. This is A.K.I.A. Talking…
    Thanks for the great review of IRIS 2! I enjoyed it a lot.
    I added it to my collection of reviews for the show. The show has now an average score of 61.5%.
    Here is a link to the page if you would like to give it a look:
    http://www.akiatalking.com/2014/12/iris-2-2-2013-db-rankingsreviews-page.html
    Thanks again for the review. If you want to do something with my blog, please contact me.

    ReplyDelete